Read this post in other languages:
The Kotlin 1.7.20 release is out! Here are some highlights from this release:
From our partners:
- The new Kotlin K2 compiler supports
no-arg, Lombok, and other compiler plugins.
- We introduced the preview of the
..<operator for creating open-ended ranges.
- The new Kotlin/Native memory manager is enabled by default.
- We introduced a new experimental feature for JVM: inline classes with generic underlying type.
- We announced support for Gradle 7.1.
How to install Kotlin 1.7.20
For Android Studio Dolphin (213), Electric Eel (221), and Flamingo (222), the Kotlin plugin 1.7.20 will be delivered with upcoming Android Studios updates.
If you need the command-line compiler, download it from the GitHub release page.
If you run into any problems
Stay up to date with the latest Kotlin features! Subscribe to receive Kotlin updates by filling out the form to the right of this post.
What else to read and watch
- What’s new in Kotlin 1.7.20 documentation
- What’s new in Kotlin 1.7.20 on YouTube
- Compatibility guide for Kotlin 1.7.20