Devastating wildfires raged across Maui, Hawaii, burning out of control amid strong winds from Hurricane Dora. The fast-spreading flames have destroyed homes and landmarks, including the historic Lahaina town on Maui, a top tourist destination.
Hospitals are inundated treating burn and smoke inhalation victims as thousands have fled or been displaced by the inferno. With communication networks down, search and rescue efforts continue even as officials warn the death toll may climb higher.
From our partners:
Hawaii desperately needs assistance combating these unrelenting wildfires and supporting displaced residents. Here are some ways you can help:
- Donate to relief organisations supplying emergency shelter, food, and medical care. Consider funds for long-term recovery efforts.
- Give to Hawaii-based nonprofits mobilising response teams and resources on the ground.
- Support volunteer fire crews travelling to reinforce exhausted local teams.
- Check with local Hawaii community foundations supporting affected families with immediate needs.
- Reach out to elected officials and urge robust federal disaster aid to Hawaii.
Every contribution, large or small, can make a difference for Hawaii residents impacted by these devastating wildfires. Please consider acting now to provide critical relief during these difficult times. Here are some organisations you can reach out to:
American Red Cross of Hawaii
Hawaii Salvation Army
Hawaii Community Foundation
Maui United Way
Kako’o Maui fund
Maui Humane Society
Maui Food Bank